Written in the Stars

Another semester of school is ending soon, and as I reflect on this semester, the chorus of Written in the Stars (Westlife, not Tenie Tempah) rang so true:

When I look at my life, how the pieces fall into place, it just wouldn't rhyme, without You

At my very core, You satisfy me Lord. And You have taught me to truly delight in You and You only this semester.

When I so desperately wanted friends, not to bless them but rather to have people to eat lunch with so I won't worry about eating lunch alone in school, to cafe hop with, to take nice pictures with, You did not give it to me. Instead, You showed me how self-centred I am.
Then, when I told You, I must centre myself on You so please help me to- You gave me company when I needed it. I found that I was a better friend, and much more assured in the friendships I have.

When I see how my path, seem to end up before Your face

When I asked to be rooted deeper in church, You showed me that again, fellowship is God-centred: a fellowship on a mission to witness the gospel. Definitely not by chance, I started talking to more people in church, feeling less of a sojourner and more a member.

The state of my heart, the place where we are, was written in the stars

Yes, the place where I am is also where You are. Thank you for journeying with me Lord. My heart is filled and thus it overflows with love- joy at meeting the needs of others.

I made a few mistakes, yea, like sometimes we ^always do

Forgive me for wanting to glorify myself, for being proud when I receive praise. I remember telling You, I don't have a pure heart. Yet, You have affirmed and glorified Yourself exceedingly through using me in various ministries. Thank You for the ministry given to me which I enjoy and find meaning in.

Been through lot of heartache, but I made it back to you   You were always there for me

In social groupwork terms, Father You really trust in the process, don't You? But of course, You have full control over it. Thank You for the 'heartaches', they have brought me closer to seeing You for who You truly are.

(those soulful eyes...)

Ta-ta! 

Comments