Garbled Reflections on Love

It's 12.41am, and I am strangely awake. It's been a long day, starting with meeting the Utown peeps (and free breakfast yay!) at 8.30am which meant I had to wake up at 6.

I realised I have been subconsciously thinking about this in recent months, but the words for it came only today when I was thinking about the Science and Engin peeps. Especially Science.They are going to provide refreshments for our first Fellowship Teaching- which is going to be about 100 people. And my first thought was: the chairs, especially J, are already so busy, why are they doing this?

And so the conclusion: Love compels us to do things that do not make sense. To most of the world at least.

An interesting thought presented by a speaker on Galatians 5:22, and shared to me by a friend. The original manuscripts were in Greek, which had no punctuation. So he thinks that instead of the current English translation, the original version renders:

But the fruit of the Spirit is love: joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law.

All these things: joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control- they flow from love.

I have been seeing it a lot recently, both in myself and in the community that I have immersed myself in (I feel like before Exco I was still somewhat closed).

Like having IRB submission at the back of my mind but the front of it are friends whom I am meeting to pray together with.

Like committing yourself to pray every week for your CG mates and the world, even though no one is joining you on this.

Like getting to know an elderly without a home and build a relationship with him/her.

We are not the source. We just have enough to give. This was something said today by Derrick Wong who runs The Loft Cafe and also does a lot of outreach to the people in Chinatown.

I really love how love doesn't make sense.Maybe I am not also at this time I just want to sleep.

Comments