听见下雨的声音

It is actually raining right now, and I reluctantly close my windows to stop the rain from wetting the matte floor. Nyanian hujan betul-betul menarik hati irama, hujan di lantai konkrit menangkanku.

终于听见下雨的声音,于是我的世界被吵醒
Reminds me of my first love, how I am seeking to let my perspective be changed to mirror God's- and it's a kind of awakening, to a far better, rain-washed world. Mercy drops round me are falling, but for the showers we plead. This genius knows that love causes someone begin to take on the loved's lens.


窗台上滴落的雨滴,轻敲着伤心,凄美而动听 (this line is so beautiful look at the nuances and metaphorisation in the Chinese language and culture)
Brings me back to yesterday's Diversity Symposium :') Much feels 好感动 sangat terharu. Being in front of everyone was initially quite D: but after I got over being self-conscious (the blazer and choker and looking good helped alot, superficial I know) I really enjoyed looking at these people there. Taking notes, listening intently; some of these my dear friends. Hehe someone was very happy when Dr Janil gave a mini speech about preserving Chinese culture and values.

凄美而动听 | Thursday Year 4 prayer got us to read Psalm 84 and to share a verse that spoke to us. This is beautiful, especially when I knew the context of how Jewish travelers in the dry desert would give thanks for the dry valley as well.
"As they walk through the valley of Baca , They make it a spring; The rain also covers it with pools. They go from strength to strength; Each one appears before God in Zion." (v6-7)


青苔入镜,檐下风铃,摇晃曾经
回忆 是 一行行无从, 剪接的风景,爱始终年轻

Kinda wistful/wishful thoughts- Was looking at I:) and being looked at (I think) by Cat unsettled me a bit. I:) mainly because it was really so nice to talk to him- I will always cherish that conversation we had on the staircase, just after I had my heart broken over the brokenness in this world. "How are you?" That insistent asking. May the staircase lead up to eternal life. Will cherish the laughter over conversation with someone who knows where I am coming from also.

幸福也可以, 很安静,我付出一直很小心
Thank you, thank you, and thank You who brought us to cross paths. By no coincidence have we crossed paths in this way, and I really pray that y'all have been/will be blessed by me in some way.

Sidenote: It occured to me how I can introduce myself in interfaith circles-
100% Chinese, trying to be more Chinese and Malay. Christian, trying to be less Christian and more Christ-like. Wants to have a Christian Malay wedding at some void deck and invite the kampung fellowship over.

Comments